31 January 2017
The Lane Kirkland Scholarships in Poland
Polish-American Freedom Foundation and Leaders of Change Foundation addresse to young leaders with higher education from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region.
The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and at leat 2-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications.
Program’s philosophy is based on the mutual respect, regardless of the country of origin.
The deadline for submitting applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program is March 1, 2017.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
In the 2017/2018 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible
- Master's degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level
- An option to study in English is possible for candidates only from outside Ukraine and Belarus (obligatory is B1 level of English) who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, at least A1 level of Polish is required).
Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
Candidates who have significant achievements
Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
1. Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail.
Approximately 45 best applicants will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
Stage 1 - formal assessment of applications
Stage 2 - substantive assessment of applications
Stage 3 - interviews (planned on 01-30 April 2017)
The candidates who have qualified by passing all 3 stages are informed via e-mail at the end of March. The information of the final results will be sent via e-mail in June 2017.
Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees in Polish currency: about 1800 PLN. In addition, the scholarship covers the following costs: university fees; accommodation; insurance; one return ticket to Poland; public transportation tickets; visas; purchase of materials and teaching aids.
• Inauguration of the Program (mid-Sept 2017)
• Orientation (10 days)
• Classes at universities (two semesters) in leading Polish academic centers, such as Warsaw, Kraków, Poznań, Lublin or Wrocław
• Preparation of two semester papers and one diploma paper
• Four conventions of all Kirkland grantees
• Personal development and animation activities
• at least 2 weeks of professional internship (usually upon completion of the academic program)
• Closing ceremony – final diplomas (end of June 2018)
The application form is available at:http://www.kirkland.edu.pl/en/appform
Application forms should be filled out on-line. APPLICATION FORM
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Program Office by regular mail with the candidate's current photograph attached thereto. (Address: Al. Jerozolimskie 133, m. 56, 02-304 Warsaw, Poland).
The letters of satisfaction and copies of diploma should be scanned and sent to:kirkland@ kirkland.edu.pl
Source: Lane Kirkland Scholarship